RejectedSoftware Forums

Pages: 1 2

Re: spurious unknown dependency error

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:55:47 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:36:18 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:26:38 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:53:34 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

(...)

Okay, the direct cause is fixed now by fbf3998, but there is another error in the zeromq package description - an "importPath": ["."] field needs to be added or the compilation will fail without --combined. Maybe the easiest thing is to add that to the existing pull request.

Is this right:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ZeroMQ/pull/11

I'm not sure I fully understand the difference between sourcePaths and importPaths

Looks good. "sourcePaths" are searched recursively for D files that are passed to the compiler and "importPaths" are paths that will be specified as -Ipath to the compiler. Most of the time they will be the same, but for the particular structure used here, they differ (if "importPaths": ["deimos"] were set, one would have to write import zmq.zmq; instead of import deimos.zmq.zmq;).

so sourcePaths is used for building the package itself, but importPaths is used when building depedent packages, as their import paths?
Hence --combined would mean that when compiling the dependent package, all of the depended-on packages sourcePath files are dumped to dmd, rendering importPaths irrelevant as dmd has everything it needs.

Correct, except that the import paths are also used when building the package itself (but it usually has no effect because as in the --combined case all files are usually already available to DMD).

Everything is working fine now both https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ZeroMQ/pull/10 and https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ZeroMQ/pull/11 have been merged.

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:02:46 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:55:47 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:36:18 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:26:38 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:53:34 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

(...)

Okay, the direct cause is fixed now by fbf3998, but there is another error in the zeromq package description - an "importPath": ["."] field needs to be added or the compilation will fail without --combined. Maybe the easiest thing is to add that to the existing pull request.

Is this right:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/ZeroMQ/pull/11

I'm not sure I fully understand the difference between sourcePaths and importPaths

Looks good. "sourcePaths" are searched recursively for D files that are passed to the compiler and "importPaths" are paths that will be specified as -Ipath to the compiler. Most of the time they will be the same, but for the particular structure used here, they differ (if "importPaths": ["deimos"] were set, one would have to write import zmq.zmq; instead of import deimos.zmq.zmq;).

so sourcePaths is used for building the package itself, but importPaths is used when building depedent packages, as their import paths?
Hence --combined would mean that when compiling the dependent package, all of the depended-on packages sourcePath files are dumped to dmd, rendering importPaths irrelevant as dmd has everything it needs.

Correct, except that the import paths are also used when building the package itself (but it usually has no effect because as in the --combined case all files are usually already available to DMD).

Ah, ok thanks :)

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:30:28 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

Error executing command build: Unknown dependency: zeromq

I'm getting a similar "unknown dependency" error when I try and build my Dgraph project with dub. Here's the package.json:

{
    "name": "dgraph",
    "version": "~master",
    "description": "A library for creating, analysing and manipulating graphs (networks).  It aims to be fast and memory-efficient while also being easy to use and extend.",
    "authors": ["Joseph Rushton Wakeling"],
    "copyright": "Copyright © 2013 Joseph Rushton Wakeling",
    "homepage": "https://github.com/WebDrake/Dgraph",
    "license": "GPL-3.0 or later",
    "targetType": "sourceLibrary",

"subPackages": [
        {
            "name": "graphtest",
            "targetType": "executable",
            "sourcePaths": ["util/graphtest/source/"],
            "dependencies": { "dgraph": "~master" }
        },

{
            "name": "betweenness50",
            "sourcePaths": ["util/betweenness50/source/"],
        },

{
            "name": "betweenness10k",
            "sourcePaths": ["util/betweenness10k/source/"],
        }

]
}

Trying to issue a command like dub build dgraph:graphtest gives an error:

WARNING: A deprecated branch based version specification is used for the dependency dgraph. Please use numbered versions instead. Also note that you can still use the dub.selections.json file to override a certain dependency to use a branch instead.
Error executing command build: Unknown dependency: dgraph

Note that while tweaking the "version" settings to a proper number gets rid of the warning, the unknown dependency error still prevents the build from completing.

I'm using latest from-git dub, pulled and installed within the last hour.

Is there a fault in the package specs (possible as I haven't updated package.json in months), or is this a bug?

Thanks & best wishes,

-- Joe

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:35:51 GMT, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:30:28 GMT, John Colvin wrote:

Error executing command build: Unknown dependency: zeromq

I'm getting a similar "unknown dependency" error when I try and build my Dgraph project with dub. Here's the package.json:

Trying to issue a command like dub build dgraph:graphtest gives an error:

WARNING: A deprecated branch based version specification is used for the dependency dgraph. Please use numbered versions instead. Also note that you can still use the dub.selections.json file to override a certain dependency to use a branch instead.
Error executing command build: Unknown dependency: dgraph

Note that while tweaking the "version" settings to a proper number gets rid of the warning, the unknown dependency error still prevents the build from completing.

Just to be explicit here, the sub packages should use "dgraph": "*" and the "version": "~master" field should be removed (just want to make sure that there is no misunderstanding). It's planned to have a warning when this is not right.

I'm using latest from-git dub, pulled and installed within the last hour.

Is there a fault in the package specs (possible as I haven't updated package.json in months), or is this a bug?

There was a bug introduced by the new dependency resolution algorithm (it has been completely rewritten to properly support selections and local overrides). Should work now as of 56061c3 judging by a quick test.

Pages: 1 2