RejectedSoftware Forums

Re: Should packages be restricted to a single name space?

First Soenke, thanks for setting these topic specific forums up, it certainly is a great improvement over this single threaded e-mail conversation.

Second in reply, I already have a better solution already worked out in some detail currently in LaTeX/pdf. It would be probably better to put such stuff in a wiki or something. I could offer to setup a media wiki installation on my crappy home server, but I am afraid it would not scale well and only has a dyndns domain. I'll do it, if nobody has a better solution.

Best regards,

Robert

P.S.: Is the "I forgot my password" feature of this forum actually working? I don't seem to get any password-reset e-mail :-(

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:00:16 GMT, Robert wrote:

First Soenke, thanks for setting these topic specific forums up, it certainly is a great improvement over this single threaded e-mail conversation.

Second in reply, I already have a better solution already worked out in some detail currently in LaTeX/pdf. It would be probably better to put such stuff in a wiki or something. I could offer to setup a media wiki installation on my crappy home server, but I am afraid it would not scale well and only has a dyndns domain. I'll do it, if nobody has a better solution.

There is always GitHub - it could go in the dub wiki or in a new dummy repository... should probably be good enough for this purpose and requires no efforts to set up.

Best regards,

Robert

P.S.: Is the "I forgot my password" feature of this forum actually working? I don't seem to get any password-reset e-mail :-(

I actually forgot to configure the SMTP settings, it should work now.

OT: Did you do anything special when replying? I noticed that this is the second reply that breaks threading and I'm not sure how that happens. I also tried to reproduce it without success.

There is always GitHub - it could go in the dub wiki or in a new dummy repository... should probably be good enough for this purpose and requires no efforts to set up.

Ha! :-) Now I remember, you already suggested that. Perfect, I'll put it there as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Robert

I actually forgot to configure the SMTP settings, it should work now.

OT: Did you do anything special when replying? I noticed that this is the second reply that breaks threading and I'm not sure how that happens. I also tried to reproduce it without success.

I just clicked on reply as a non logged in user (obviously ;-) ). Thanks for this fast fix, about the SMTP settings. Unfortunately the link I got does not seem to work.

Ok, it was pretty easy to see what is wrong with the link:

http://news.rejectedsoftware.comreset_password?email=someemail%40gmx.at&code

it should be:

http://news.rejectedsoftware.com/reset_password?email=someemail%40gmx.at&code

Am 09.03.2013 23:58, schrieb Robert:

Ok, it was pretty easy to see what is wrong with the link:

http://news.rejectedsoftware.comreset_password?email=someemail%40gmx.at&code

it should be:

http://news.rejectedsoftware.com/reset_password?email=someemail%40gmx.at&code

I really should use those nice Path and Url structures for good...
or that's what happens when trying to operate on paths using bare strings.

Thanks for finding that out, I'll fix it tomorrow.

I just clicked on reply as a non logged in user (obviously ;-) ). Thanks for this fast fix, about the SMTP settings. Unfortunately the link I got does not seem to work.

Ok, got it. The issue occurs when posting failed and the message is then
sent again.