RejectedSoftware Forums

Building projects with Dub on Windows

Can you help me please? I try to build a library using dub (i use Dub Command Prompt), but during the process the problem appears:

Setting up environment for using dub from C:\dmd2\dub\

D:\DDD>dub build

Checking dependencies in 'D:\DDD'
The following changes will be performed:
Fetch derelict-util >=1.0.0, userWide
Fetch derelict-assimp3 ~master, userWide
Fetch derelict-glfw3 ~master, userWide
Fetch derelict-fi ~master, userWide
Fetch derelict-gl3 ~master, userWide
Package derelict-util 1.0.0 (/C:/Users/╨Р╨╗╨╡╨║╤Б╨░╨╜╨┤╤А/AppData/Roaming/dub/pa
ckages/) is already present with the latest version, skipping upgrade.
Fetching derelict-assimp3 ~master...
Error executing command build: Cannot open or create file 'C:\Users\╨Р╨╗╨╡╨║╤Б╨░
╨╜╨┤╤А\AppData\Local\Temp;D:\derelict-assimp3-master.zip'

D:\DDD>

How can i get rid of it? Is the problem caused by the сyrillic symbols? and how can i change the route that is in the error?
By the way i am using Dub on Arch Linux successfully.

Re: Building projects with Dub on Windows

Here is my package.json:

{

"name": "derelict_gl_glfw_assimp_freeimage",
"targetName": "DerelictComLib",
"targetPath": "./",
"dependencies": 
{
    "derelict-gl3" : "~master",
    "derelict-glfw3" : "~master",
"derelict-fi": "~master",			
"derelict-assimp3": "~master"
}  

}

On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:14:33 GMT, Alexander wrote:

Can you help me please? I try to build a library using dub (i use Dub Command Prompt), but during the process the problem appears:

Package derelict-util 1.0.0 (/C:/Users/╨Р╨╗╨╡╨║╤Б╨░╨╜╨┤╤А/AppData/Roaming/dub/pa
Error executing command build: Cannot open or create file 'C:\Users\╨Р╨╗╨╡╨║╤Б╨░

How can i get rid of it? Is the problem caused by the сyrillic symbols? and how can i change the route that is in the error?

I'll need to reproduce this locally using a user name with Unicode characters (will take a look tomorrow), but I suspect that this is the cause for the error. A possible workaround (apart from using an ASCII user name) would be to put the project's source code into the home directory instead of on a separate drive.

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 16:22:41 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

I'll need to reproduce this locally using a user name with Unicode characters (will take a look tomorrow), but I suspect that this is the cause for the error. A possible workaround (apart from using an ASCII user name) would be to put the project's source code into the home directory instead of on a separate drive.

Oh yes, i have the same idea, but i'm not sure how to fix this, because Dub uses the directory despite the .json script is stored in another directory.
The word is Александр.

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:52:44 GMT, Alexander wrote:

Using the lastes GIT master version of dub (should be the same as the latest beta), I don't get an error here - everything works successfully until DMD is invoked. An this is the point where I fear there is nothing that I can do in DUB to work around the issue. I've also tried invoking DMD manually to ensure proper encoding, but it never finds the given source files:

dmd -lib -ofC:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\.dub\build\library-debug-windows-x86-dmd-0F9C088BD8E0DDF09CDA2237096903E7\DerelictUtil.lib -debug -g -w -version=Have_derelict_util -IC:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\loader.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\sharedlib.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\system.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\wintypes.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\xtypes.dError: cannot read file C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d
FAIL C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\.dub\build\library-debug-windows-x86-dmd-0F9C088BD8E0DDF09CDA2237096903E7\ DerelictUtil staticLibrary
Error executing command build: dmd failed with exit code 1

Manual invocation with proper unicode:

F:\dubtest>dmd C:\Users\Александр\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d
Error: cannot read file C:\Users\?????????\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d

This DMD bug report seems to apply partially. Maybe you can vote for it*: https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1166

* Just checked, and it looks like votes are not yet enabled after the Bugzilla upgrade. I'd expect them to get enabled again shortly.

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:57:58 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:52:44 GMT, Alexander wrote:

Using the lastes GIT master version of dub (should be the same as the latest beta), I don't get an error here - everything works successfully until DMD is invoked. An this is the point where I fear there is nothing that I can do in DUB to work around the issue. I've also tried invoking DMD manually to ensure proper encoding, but it never finds the given source files:

dmd -lib -ofC:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\.dub\build\library-debug-windows-x86-dmd-0F9C088BD8E0DDF09CDA2237096903E7\DerelictUtil.lib -debug -g -w -version=Have_derelict_util -IC:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\loader.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\sharedlib.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\system.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\wintypes.d C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\xtypes.dError: cannot read file C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d
FAIL C:\Users\ðÉð╗ðÁð║Ðüð░ð¢ð┤ÐÇ\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\.dub\build\library-debug-windows-x86-dmd-0F9C088BD8E0DDF09CDA2237096903E7\ DerelictUtil staticLibrary
Error executing command build: dmd failed with exit code 1

Manual invocation with proper unicode:

F:\dubtest>dmd C:\Users\Александр\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d
Error: cannot read file C:\Users\?????????\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-1.0.0\source\derelict\util\exception.d

This DMD bug report seems to apply partially. Maybe you can vote for it*: https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1166

* Just checked, and it looks like votes are not yet enabled after the Bugzilla upgrade. I'd expect them to get enabled again shortly.

Thanks, i created another user with the name without any cyrillic letters, and it worked.