RejectedSoftware Forums

Does anybody know if Vibe Timers can be used with GLFW3 and openGL3?

Right now I've got a GLFW3 and modern openGL3 program and ideally I would like to incorporate Vibe's Timer functionality into it. Is this idea complete nonsense?

I suppose the framework/context of GLFW3 would conflict with vibe's framework?

Re: Does anybody know if Vibe Timers can be used with GLFW3 and openGL3?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 03:44:17 GMT, WhatMeWorry wrote:

Right now I've got a GLFW3 and modern openGL3 program and ideally I would like to incorporate Vibe's Timer functionality into it. Is this idea complete nonsense?

You need Vibe.d's event loop running for Timer to work. So you can't do this, but I guess such framework would offer similar functionalities, don't they ?

Re: Does anybody know if Vibe Timers can be used with GLFW3 and openGL3?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:47:21 GMT, Mathias LANG wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 03:44:17 GMT, WhatMeWorry wrote:

You need Vibe.d's event loop running for Timer to work. So you can't do this, but I guess such framework would offer similar functionalities, don't they ?

On Windows, vibe.d offers a GUI comatible event loop by default, so using OpenGL/windowing should just work. On Linux, you'd have to use a file descriptor event on the X11 connection to integrate X server messages with the vibe.d event loop (not sure if GLFW allows this kind of low level integration). On MacOS, it might be necessary to use a separate UI thread, I'm not sure about that right now.

But in general (without GLFW) I'm using vibe.d in 3D and UI applications with no issues and it's also one of the primary goals to have this possibility.