RejectedSoftware Forums

Mono-D

Has anyone been able to set up vibe using monod?

Re: Mono-D

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:56:05 GMT, simendsjo wrote:

Depends on what "set up" means. Adding vibe source folder as a link to project gave me some auto completion. Tweaking compiler settings to use "vibe build" should also be possible, is hardly that useful, though.

Also I remember issue with Mono-D inability to specify source root in project - it always uses project root as source root, that conflicts with vibe application hierarchy. Only workaround I have found here is to use "source' folder of vibe application as a Mono-D project and leave metadata separately.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:04:17 GMT, Dicebot wrote:

Also I remember issue with Mono-D inability to specify source root in project - it always uses project root as source root, that conflicts with vibe application hierarchy. Only workaround I have found here is to use "source' folder of vibe application as a Mono-D project and leave metadata separately.

As a workaround you should be able add all files (only those in source/vibe and source/stdx) to the project and specify "source" as an import directory. Since all .d files have a module declaration, everything should still work out fine.

Then it should be sufficient to add -L-levent -L-levent_pthreads -L-lssl -L-lcrypto as compiler flags (assuming Linux).

Also DUB should get support for generating MonoD projects shortly. Once that is done, a project file will probably be in the repository for convenience.

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:56:05 GMT, simendsjo wrote:

dub now directly supports MonoD using dub generate mono-d. I've also added the possibility to specify an --arch= flag, but it currently only works with dmd and --arch=x86 or --arch=x86_64.