RejectedSoftware Forums

Router prefix for registerWebInterface

REST interfaces appear to have a number of ways to specify a prefix for the pages defined in the class. I'm trying to figure out ways to do it for web interfaces.

I've tried:

• vibe.web.common.rootPath
  • vibe.web.common.rootPathFromName (with an ugly class name :P)
  • vibe.web.web.WebInterfaceSettings.urlPrefix (this one seems to be missing documentation. What does it do?)

In all cases, the pages were still mapped to /. The first one does say in the docs that it's for REST interfaces (why?), yet they're still in vibe.web.common...

What is the best way to do this?

I was hoping for something like:

@rootPath("/web/v1")
class MyWebInterface
{
    void home()
    {
        render!"home.dt";
    }
}

or just

router.registerWebInterface(new MyWebInterface, "/web/v1"); // Ala REST interfaces

Both accessible like /web/v1/home.

Re: Router prefix for registerWebInterface

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:00:37 GMT, Jakob Øvrum wrote:

REST interfaces appear to have a number of ways to specify a prefix for the pages defined in the class. I'm trying to figure out ways to do it for web interfaces.

I've tried:

• vibe.web.common.rootPath
  • vibe.web.common.rootPathFromName (with an ugly class name :P)
  • vibe.web.web.WebInterfaceSettings.urlPrefix (this one seems to be missing documentation. What does it do?)

In all cases, the pages were still mapped to /. The first one does say in the docs that it's for REST interfaces (why?), yet they're still in vibe.web.common...

What is the best way to do this?

I was hoping for something like:

@rootPath("/web/v1")
class MyWebInterface
{
    void home()
    {
        render!"home.dt";
    }
}

or just

router.registerWebInterface(new MyWebInterface, "/web/v1"); // Ala REST interfaces

Both accessible like /web/v1/home.

Hm, we should definitely support the @path and @rootPathFromName attributes for registerWebInterface, too, maybe it's also possible to move the related code to vibe.web.common in the process. I've opened an enhancement request: #1036

Currently the way to specify a prefix is using WebInterfaceSettings:

auto s = new WebInterfaceSettings;
s.urlPrefix = "/web/v1";
router.registerWebInterface(new MyWebInterface, s);

Re: Router prefix for registerWebInterface

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:18:00 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Hm, we should definitely support the @path and @rootPathFromName attributes for registerWebInterface, too, maybe it's also possible to move the related code to vibe.web.common in the process. I've opened an enhancement request: #1036

Currently the way to specify a prefix is using WebInterfaceSettings:

auto s = new WebInterfaceSettings;
s.urlPrefix = "/web/v1";
router.registerWebInterface(new MyWebInterface, s);

Thanks, I misidentified urlPrefix as not working but I had a couple of other things wrong. It does indeed work.