RejectedSoftware Forums

Building vibe.d on Arch Linux

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie so please don't eat me.

Anyway I've been running Arch on a VM and took an interest in learning vibed. I used the instructions here: http://vibed.org/docs#first-steps to create a sample vibe.d project and entered dub onto the terminal.

Then this showed up:

//////////////////////////////////

Failed to retrieve metadata for package vibe-d: Could not find package candidate for vibe-d >=0.7.17
Could not resolve dependencies
The dependency graph could not be filled, there are unresolved dependencies.
The following changes will be performed:
Failure vibe-d >=0.7.17, userWide
-> issued by:

sample: >=0.7.17

Error executing command run: Aborting package retrieval due to errors.

I assume that dub can't find the vibe.d package, so I tried to search for any solutions to no avail.

To make sure that it's not my machine going busted, I tried to get vibe on Windows and it worked without any kind of problem.

To make sure I checked if I got openssl and libevent in my installation of Arch, and sure enough I got it.

So is this a network problem? Virtual Box growing old?
Erm any information is appreciated...

Re: Building vibe.d on Arch Linux

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:46:09 GMT, Jack wrote:

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie so please don't eat me.

Anyway I've been running Arch on a VM and took an interest in learning vibed. I used the instructions here: http://vibed.org/docs#first-steps to create a sample vibe.d project and entered dub onto the terminal.

Then this showed up:

Failed to retrieve metadata for package vibe-d: Could not find package candidate for vibe-d >=0.7.17
Could not resolve dependencies
The dependency graph could not be filled, there are unresolved dependencies.
The following changes will be performed:
Failure vibe-d >=0.7.17, userWide
-> issued by:

sample: >=0.7.17

Error executing command run: Aborting package retrieval due to errors.

I assume that dub can't find the vibe.d package, so I tried to search for any solutions to no avail.

To make sure that it's not my machine going busted, I tried to get vibe on Windows and it worked without any kind of problem.

To make sure I checked if I got openssl and libevent in my installation of Arch, and sure enough I got it.

So is this a network problem? Virtual Box growing old?
Erm any information is appreciated...

Apparantly, a full system update of Arch was needed. Think this is solved now.

Re: Building vibe.d on Arch Linux

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:17:21 GMT, Jack wrote:

Apparantly, a full system update of Arch was needed. Think this is solved now.

I'm glad you could solve that by yourself. I tried using Vagrant to install an Arch virtual machine to quickly reproduce your issue, but Vagrant wasn't working very well with Arch so I didn't have time to try to reproduce it.