RejectedSoftware Forums

Removing the vibe/VPM build script

After noticing that building by running "vibe" is currently broken sice the Deimos bindings have been moved from vibe.d into separate packages, I wonder if anyone still uses this script and can't/doesn't want to switch to DUB instead.

If it turns out that it is not needed anymore, I would like to completely remove it from the sources, as it currently means doing most of the work twice, once for DUB and once for VPM. And VPM is very limited anyway, so problems are bound to arrive once packages start to make use of DUB's more advanced features (which is actually already happening).

Re: Removing the vibe/VPM build script

On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:13:28 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

After noticing that building by running "vibe" is currently broken sice the Deimos bindings have been moved from vibe.d into separate packages, I wonder if anyone still uses this script and can't/doesn't want to switch to DUB instead.

If it turns out that it is not needed anymore, I would like to completely remove it from the sources, as it currently means doing most of the work twice, once for DUB and once for VPM. And VPM is very limited anyway, so problems are bound to arrive once packages start to make use of DUB's more advanced features (which is actually already happening).

I use it sometimes, but I am completely fine with removing it as rdmd still works just fine. So far I reorganize folder layout in Arch Linux vibe.d install script so that "vibe" still works (maybe some complains are missing because of that :))

Has now been removed as of 2ab11ef3. I've also adjusted the setup scripts to avoid creating the symlink to "vibe", so that they should still work for creating the user/group and configuration file.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:08:41 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Has now been removed as of 2ab11ef3. I've also adjusted the setup scripts to avoid creating the symlink to "vibe", so that they should still work for creating the user/group and configuration file.

Acknowledged, will clean up Arch package upon next release.