RejectedSoftware Forums

Vibed + ASP.NET site

I know that Apache can serve ASP.NET sites with mod_mono.
Would it's possible to implement such functionality in Vibed?

Re: Vibed + ASP.NET site

On Fri, 03 May 2013 17:53:58 GMT, Suliman wrote:

Why would you need to? Vibe.d is best served with reverse proxy setup in my opinion, like nginx proxypass. Apache modproxy should work too, but given how slow Apache is on its own, that is a sub-par solution. As vibe.d does not have "script" files, I can't imagine how possible mod_vibed could have behaved.

On Sat, 04 May 2013 12:48:24 GMT, Dicebot wrote:

Why would you need to? Vibe.d is best served with reverse proxy setup in my opinion, like nginx proxypass. Apache modproxy should work too, but given how slow Apache is on its own, that is a sub-par solution. As vibe.d does not have "script" files, I can't imagine how possible mod_vibed could have behaved.

For cases when there is site done in C#. afaik it's a lot of work to convert it's from C# to D

On Sat, 04 May 2013 13:18:43 GMT, error of installation vibed wrote:

On Sat, 04 May 2013 12:48:24 GMT, Dicebot wrote:

For cases when there is site done in C#. afaik it's a lot of work to convert it's from C# to D

I don't understand you. If you want to keep your site in C#/ASP.NET, then vibe.d is obviously irrelevant. If you want to port it to D/Vibe.d than obviously mod_mono is irrelevant. What do you actually want?

Based on a quick look at mod_mono, it looks like this would be easy to implement for vibe.d (it just forwards incoming requests to a separate mono based server), but there is nothing along those lines that I know of.

But in general I agree with Dicebot that it probably makes most sense to run both, the vibe.d site and the ASP.NET site behind a reverse proxy (e.g. Nginx for speed or Apache for simplicity if the ASP site already runs on Apache).