RejectedSoftware Forums

Vibe.d doesnt compile with GDC?

Hi,

I was trying to build my web app using dub --compiler gdc and it was giving me errors, but if i run it with dub (which uses dmd by default) it doesnt give any errors.

Building vibe-d configuration "libevent", build type debug.
Running gdc...
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: members expected
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: { } expected following aggregate declaration
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: Declaration expected, not 'if'
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:304: Error: unrecognized declaration
FAIL ../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/.dub/build/libevent-debug-linux.posix-x86_64-gdc-D31A2906DA4E35680082713BBBF7194C vibe-d staticLibrary
Error executing command run: GDC compile run failed with exit code 1

Re: Vibe.d doesnt compile with GDC?

Am 13.03.2014 04:13, schrieb Darius Clark:

Hi,

I was trying to build my web app using dub --compiler gdc and it was giving me errors, but if i run it with dub (which uses dmd by default) it doesnt give any errors.

Running gdc...
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: members expected
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: { } expected following aggregate declaration
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:247: Error: Declaration expected, not 'if'
../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/source/vibe/crypto/cryptorand.d:304: Error: unrecognized declaration
FAIL ../../../darius/.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.18/.dub/build/libevent-debug-linux.posix-x86_64-gdc-D31A2906DA4E35680082713BBBF7194C vibe-d staticLibrary

Can you check what the following program outputs if you compile it with GDC?

import std.stdio;
void main() {
	writefln("D Version: %s", __VERSION__);
}

It should be at least 2063 so that vibe.d can be compiled. If it's
lower, you'd need to get a more recent GDC version, because there are
probably a lot of places in the code that depend on newer D features.

Re: Vibe.d doesnt compile with GDC?

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:49:58 +0100, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Am 13.03.2014 04:13, schrieb Darius Clark:

Hi,

Running gdc...

Can you check what the following program outputs if you compile it with GDC?

import std.stdio;
void main() {
	writefln("D Version: %s", __VERSION__);
}

It should be at least 2063 so that vibe.d can be compiled. If it's
lower, you'd need to get a more recent GDC version, because there are
probably a lot of places in the code that depend on newer D features.

Hello,

The current version I see is 2062. I guess ubuntu repo is not updated so I might have to look around to find a more updated version of GDC.