On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:11:49 GMT, Mathias LANG wrote:

I'm planning to rework the REST interface code a bit so that the MethodStyle is passed as a template parameter instead of as a runtime parameter (this would allow to shift a great amount of work from runtime to compile time and thus improve performance). I guess in that process it will be easy to also make the serializer a template argument. But I can't give an exact time schedule for this, yet.

Good to know! Well after experimenting a bit, I think I will stay out of vibe.http.rest for the server, even if it gets strong foundations, it will get in my way for my use case. I'll go back at it when I switch to the client part. I'll try to give a feedback here when the job is done. Feel free to email me if I can be of any help.

One of best helpful things to do it to simply provide feedback upon use cases where it was unsuitable for implementing target REST functionality together with any API suggestions that can possibly make it work. I like tinkering with that module but I am doing zero actual web dev which is one of main blockers for further improvements :)

Yup I know, I was just trying to see if I can hack my way to make it do what I want it to do. Turns out I couldn't. The design seems quite neat to me, I was able to use @before to provide an UserContext to my function (so far, only authnz), and @after's goal was quite clear. The only issue was it's not on the API doc on the site.

Website has docs for last released version and this functionality has been only part of git master so far. You are experimenting with the bleeding edge ;) At some point there will be separate page in vibed.org devoted exclusively to dealing with RESt features but I'd like to have a chance to actually use this stuff personally before writing it. Sorry, tiny bit of unlucky timing!