On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 07:40:48 +0100
Sönke Ludwig email@example.com wrote:
The line endings of all files was CRLF because I checked out on
Windows to make the .zip file - I've uploaded a new file with the
line endings changed to LF for the shell scripts.
This happened because the zip file now includes HTML docs and I can't
use the github zipball feature anymore. For the next releases I'll
generate the zip file on Linux instead.
I find that things are a lot easier if I just disable all the
autoCrlf/safeCrlf stuff and set my editor to always create/save files
as LN. AutoCrlf and SafeCrlf should never have even existed: I'm a
windows guy, and everything on windows supports LN (even batch
files!), so there's never any reason to use CRLF anymore, nor
autoCrlf/safeCrlf: they can only ever create problems.
(Well, the ONE exception is windows notepad, but anyone coder who uses
that has much bigger problems...)