On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:15:24 GMT, David Monagle wrote:

Apologies for the essay, I'm really interested in where this is going so as to know the best place to work and contribute.

I can't say much about the direction it's taking, but there's a little bit of room for improvement using buffers, mostly for BIG json documents (> 1MB).

• There's currently no way of having access to part of the schema during the transfer, which is useful to stop transfer if the metadata is wrong (e.g. mixing in a session ID with Json data that contains a base64 image)

• There's possibilities for a memory attack with Json documents that exceed a certain size. Currently, the entire document piles up in the RAM.

I have a "mix" of solutions that also enable other openings ie. in the database world. This involves using Json as a schema, with the values being light integers to file offsets. The Json object would query a disk file for the string data, and throw an error if the schema has too many keys. If you add a small log writer / reader for the BigJson modifications, you get a nice little embedded database.

Other than that, anything related to the standards seems nicely implemented.