On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:23:26 GMT, Christoph Wendler wrote:

I am new to vibe.d. I set up a test project on Linux which works fine. I'm thinking about using vibe.d for my homepage. The question now: How would I set vibe.d up on a provider's server (Linux)?

If you have a binary-compatible Linux PC, I would recommend to compile the project on the home computer and then just upload the final binary. In that case it's only necessary to have libevent 2.0.x and OpenSSL installed. This should work for any provider that allows execution of custom binaries as an ordinary user.

To have the site run on port 80, in this case it would be necessary to put it behind a reverse proxy, such as nginx. Apache will work fine, too. Putting the site behind a reverse proxy makes sense also for improving robustness against DoS attacks or to setup a cache.

Finally, it will be good to have some kind of watchdog process automatically restart the application if it ever crashes (the most simple implementation would be a shell script which just starts the application in an endless loop).