On Mon, 03 Feb 2014 05:33:25 GMT, Bear Cherian wrote:

I'm using a cloud (AWS) server running Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS. I installed DUB and DMD using the D apt-get repo. I initialized a vibe.d project and run dub build -v but I get an error. This is the basic default app.d file from when vibe.d is first initializes with dub. Im fairly new to D, but I was able to get this same project running on my Mac 10.9 laptop before I started trying the AWS server. Any Ideas as to what is causing the error?

The full exception is below.

Full exception: object.Exception@source/dub/compilers/dmd.d(173): DMD compile run failed with exit code -9
----------------
dub(pure @safe bool std.exception.enforce!(bool).enforce(bool, lazy const(char)[], immutable(char)[], ulong)+0x6b) [0x641767]
dub(void dub.compilers.dmd.DmdCompiler.invoke(const(dub.compilers.compiler.BuildSettings), const(dub.compilers.compiler.BuildPlatform))+0x380) [0x5f5d5c]
dub(void dub.generators.build.BuildGenerator.buildWithCompiler(dub.generators.generator.GeneratorSettings, dub.compilers.compiler.BuildSettings)+0x3b7) [0x601d63]
dub(void dub.generators.build.BuildGenerator.performCachedBuild(dub.generators.generator.GeneratorSettings, dub.compilers.compiler.BuildSettings)+0x4ad) [0x5fffd9]
dub(void dub.generators.build.BuildGenerator.generateProject(dub.generators.generator.GeneratorSettings)+0x4f2) [0x5ff926]
dub(void dub.dub.Dub.generateProject(immutable(char)[], dub.generators.generator.GeneratorSettings)+0xa0) [0x5cc3e4]
dub(int dub.commandline.runDubCommandLine(immutable(char)[][])+0x1b0e) [0x5c1bca]
dub(_Dmain+0x20) [0x5bfa74]
dub(void rt.dmain2._d_run_main(int, char**, extern (C) int function(char[][])*).runAll().void __lambda1()+0x18) [0x696fbc]
dub(void rt.dmain2._d_run_main(int, char**, extern (C) int function(char[][])*).tryExec(scope void delegate())+0x2a) [0x696f16]
dub(void rt.dmain2._d_run_main(int, char**, extern (C) int function(char[][])*).runAll()+0x30) [0x696f7c]
dub(void rt.dmain2._d_run_main(int, char**, extern (C) int function(char[][])*).tryExec(scope void delegate())+0x2a) [0x696f16]
dub(_d_run_main+0x1a3) [0x696e97]
dub(main+0x25) [0x5c00b9]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xed) [0x7fd293cfe76d]
Run 'dub help' for usage information.

Do you get any additional error messages above the exception message or does it directly follow the "Compiling..." message? The exception itself just states that the compiler binary has returned an error code, but doesn't say what caused it.

There is one issue that sometimes happens for DMD 2.064.2, which I unfortunately never encountered personally (see also https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/458#issuecomment-32257069). If that's the case and time permits for you, the easiest solution would be to either wait for the third DMD 2.065 beta (or the final release), or to build the latest git HEAD of the 2.065 branch by hand. Otherwise I'll see what I can do in terms of a workaround.