RejectedSoftware Forums

Interface package

To avoid building large dependencies from source every building may be it will be usefull to have opportunity to not build dependency but just use it to compile only and for linking use pre-built binary. For example, my project has gtkd as dependency. On the first building dub may download gtkd, builds it as a library and then compiles my project and link it with gtkd. But afterwards dub does not build gtkd, but use its source only to compile my project. It may be done through using additional package settings where one can set where interface files are placed. Sorry, if I'm not clear.

Re: Interface package

Am 29.10.2013 03:41, schrieb Alexandr Druzninin:

To avoid building large dependencies from source every building may be it will be usefull to have opportunity to not build dependency but just use it to compile only and for linking use pre-built binary. For example, my project has gtkd as dependency. On the first building dub may download gtkd, builds it as a library and then compiles my project and link it with gtkd. But afterwards dub does not build gtkd, but use its source only to compile my project. It may be done through using additional package settings where one can set where interface files are placed. Sorry, if I'm not clear.

This is planned, but the time schedule is not yet clear. It will also
work with all existing packages without any additional settings. See
https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub/wiki/Separate-compilation-and-caching-of-dependencies
for a first draft of how this is supposed to work.