RejectedSoftware Forums

VisualD generation problem in dub 0.9.18 (dmd v2.063.2)

Disclaimer: I'm new to D-programming, just starting out! Tried this with the lastest pre-compiled compiler I could find on windows, but I realize that there is a 2.064 somewhere...

I've created a simple local package with:

"dependencies": {
"derelict-sdl2" : "~master",
"derelict-gl3" : "~master"
}

Dub compiles my project fine (as app or lib) but the VisualD-projects gives me the following error:

Error 1 Invalid UTF-8 sequence (at index 1) C:\mine\code\bitbucket\dawn\wizard\std.utf.UTFException@m:\s\d\rainers\phobos\std\utf.d

It is hard to understand where the problem happens, at least for me! If I remove any of the two dependencies it works. Both dependencies depend on derelict-util.

My command-line in VisualD is:

$(VisualDInstallDir)pipedmd.exe" dmd -lib -g -debug -op -X -Xf"$(IntDir)\$(TargetName).json" -Isource -I..........\Users\anders\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-sdl2-master\source -I..........\Users\anders\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-util-master\source -I..........\Users\anders\AppData\Roaming\dub\packages\derelict-gl3-master\source -version=Havemyproject -version=Havederelictsdl2 -version=Havederelictutil -version=Havederelictgl3 -deps=".dub\obj\debug\myproject\$(ProjectName).dep" -ofmyprojectd.lib -map "$(INTDIR)\$(SAFEPROJECTNAME).map" -L/NOMAP

Got any ideas?

Re: VisualD generation problem in dub 0.9.18 (dmd v2.063.2)

Got any ideas?

Can add that the combined solution works well for me, it is just the visuald-generator that doesn't work.

Am 15.09.2013 23:09, schrieb Anders Lindqvist:

Got any ideas?

Can add that the combined solution works well for me, it is just the visuald-generator that doesn't work.

I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't get the error to appear. My
platform is:

DMD 2.063.2
VisualD 0.3.36
DUB 0.9.18
Windows

Do you have any other versions in use? Or maybe a "dub upgrade" helps?

I do remember that I had that kind of error message a while ago (maybe
about 2 years ago), but I can't remember the cause of it anymore.

My versions matches yours, except for a newer DMD.

I cleaned out the ...\Roaming\dub-directory and then it worked. Seems like some global state got out of sync somehow, might have been my fault. Will try to be very careful on what I do with dub so I can say what I did if it manifests itself again.

Thanks for trying it out!

Cheers,
Anders.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:44:27 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Am 15.09.2013 23:09, schrieb Anders Lindqvist:

Got any ideas?

I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't get the error to appear. My
platform is:

DMD 2.063.2
VisualD 0.3.36
DUB 0.9.18
Windows

Do you have any other versions in use? Or maybe a "dub upgrade" helps?

I do remember that I had that kind of error message a while ago (maybe
about 2 years ago), but I can't remember the cause of it anymore.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:46:44 GMT, Anders Lindqvist wrote:

I cleaned out the ...\Roaming\dub-directory and then it worked. Seems like some global state got out of sync somehow, might have been my fault. Will try to be very careful on what I do with dub so I can say what I did if it manifests itself again.

I need to verify how/if this can actually happen, but it seems like one of the dependencies was downloaded with corrupted contents, causing invalid UTF-8 sequences. My expectation would be that a CRC-check should fail during zip file extraction in such a case, though...

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:57:08 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 21:46:44 GMT, Anders Lindqvist wrote:

I need to verify how/if this can actually happen, but it seems like one of the dependencies was downloaded with corrupted contents, causing invalid UTF-8 sequences. My expectation would be that a CRC-check should fail during zip file extraction in such a case, though...

The weird part is that they worked on their own. Not until I added them both as dependencies I got the error. Don't know enough about DUB to know if that is truly weird though :)