RejectedSoftware Forums

Specifying build directory for DUB project?

Is it possible to specify which build directory should DUB use when building a project?
Default is to create a new temp directory on every compile.

This bothers me a little as every time I compile and run my project both Windows Firewall and COMODO Firewall ask me about this new process (every run is from a different path) that would like to listen on a TCP port (I'm using vibe.d in my app).
I would like to be able to specify to DUB to always use the same directory (e.g. <project-dir>/bin).

Re: Specifying build directory for DUB project?

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 06:23:18 GMT, Alex wrote:

Is it possible to specify which build directory should DUB use when building a project?
Default is to create a new temp directory on every compile.

This bothers me a little as every time I compile and run my project both Windows Firewall and COMODO Firewall ask me about this new process (every run is from a different path) that would like to listen on a TCP port (I'm using vibe.d in my app).
I would like to be able to specify to DUB to always use the same directory (e.g. <project-dir>/bin).

Oh and I've forgot to mention that specifying "targetPath": "bin" or "dflags": "-odbin" in package.json doesn't help (I've tried with absolute paths too)..

Just run dub --rdmd build instead of just dub. dub will then create the executable in your project root dir by default, then you can just run it from there.

Best regards,
Robert

Am 14.06.2013 11:02, schrieb Robert:

Just run dub --rdmd build instead of just dub. dub will then create the executable in your project root dir by default, then you can just run it from there.

Best regards,
Robert

For reference: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub/issues/80