RejectedSoftware Forums

Force 32-bit

I'm having an issue with a third-party package (lib pkg + example pkg in subdir) which I suspect might be related to support for 64-bits. To test this hypothesis, I wanted to produce a 32-bit build, instead of my platform's (OS X) default of 64 bits. I tried adding "dflags": ["-m32"] to both the library and the example, but that fails with linker errors, perhaps because the build path is .dub/build/application-debug-x86_64-dmd-UUID. How can I produce a 32-bit build, then?

Re: Force 32-bit

Am 02.04.2014 20:08, schrieb Luís Marques:

I'm having an issue with a third-party package (lib pkg + example pkg in subdir) which I suspect might be related to support for 64-bits. To test this hypothesis, I wanted to produce a 32-bit build, instead of my platform's (OS X) default of 64 bits. I tried adding "dflags": ["-m32"] to both the library and the example, but that fails with linker errors, perhaps because the build path is .dub/build/application-debug-x86_64-dmd-UUID. How can I produce a 32-bit build, then?

dub --arch=x86 should do the trick.

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:17:57 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Neat. Could you please add that to the documentation?

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:41:48 GMT, Luís Marques wrote:

On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:17:57 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Neat. Could you please add that to the documentation?

Putting up command line documentation is on the agenda, but I'm hopelessly overloaded. You can see the current documentation using dub build --help, though.