On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:01:52 GMT, Alexandr Druzninin wrote:

How does dub handle if several packages are created from several repos and these repos are forked from the main?
For example I've created package for my own purpose from my fork of the official repo, because I don't want to wait when main developers make some decisions about registering (they as it often happens want to change project organisation and as it often happens have no time to spare). But of course my package shouldn't prevent registration the official one. Is it possible in convinient way?

If you just need to use the fork locally for your own work and not as a dependency of a public package, you can "git clone" it and use "dub add-path" or "dub add-local" to let it override the official one from the package registry.

If, on the other hand, you want to use the fork as a dependency of a public package (which is not the best idea because of possible conflicts with the original package that this may introduce), you'd ideally need something like issue #104, which is not yet implemented. So currently the only alternative then would be to either require users of the package to use the method above, too, or to register the fork under a different name.