RejectedSoftware Forums

"Deprecation:" messages building vibe.d 0.7.28 project with dub

I just put dub 1.0.0, dmd 2.071.1 on a brand new instance of Ubuntu 16.04 and when I made a new vibe.d project with dub, and built it by typing dub in its home directory there were a couple of dozen "deprecation:" messages of the form "vibe.blah1.blah2.thingy is not visible from module whatsit". Should I be concerned about this? e.g. when dmd is upgraded?

Re: "Deprecation:" messages building vibe.d 0.7.28 project with dub

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:26:44 GMT, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

I just put dub 1.0.0, dmd 2.071.1 on a brand new instance of Ubuntu 16.04 and when I made a new vibe.d project with dub, and built it by typing dub in its home directory there were a couple of dozen "deprecation:" messages of the form "vibe.blah1.blah2.thingy is not visible from module whatsit". Should I be concerned about this? e.g. when dmd is upgraded?

The deprecation warnings are harmless and are safe to ignore for now. But if all goes well, I'll also tag the 0.7.29 release tomorrow or on Monday, which has all deprecation warnings fixed.

Re: "Deprecation:" messages building vibe.d 0.7.28 project with dub

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:18:41 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

The deprecation warnings are harmless and are safe to ignore for now. But if all goes well, I'll also tag the 0.7.29 release tomorrow or on Monday, which has all deprecation warnings fixed.

Great! In fact I notice 0.7.29 is out! Enjoying your excellent system; makes web work a lot less onerous.