RejectedSoftware Forums

Vibe app not exiting.

Hi,

Has anyone experienced their Vibe.d app not exiting when it should?
I seem to be having an issue with a custom main app freezing after main() completes.

The just fetches some data from a REST api and copies to a DB. It seems like the event loop is still running, but I never start the event loop.
Should I call exitEventLoop() at the end of the app? I'm checking here because its not consistent and the app runs every 20s on a windows server that I have to remote into. Hoping someone has fixed this before.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Rory

Re: Vibe app not exiting.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:09:39 GMT, Rory wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone experienced their Vibe.d app not exiting when it should?
I seem to be having an issue with a custom main app freezing after main() completes.

The just fetches some data from a REST api and copies to a DB. It seems like the event loop is still running, but I never start the event loop.
Should I call exitEventLoop() at the end of the app? I'm checking here because its not consistent and the app runs every 20s on a windows server that I have to remote into. Hoping someone has fixed this before.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Rory

I didn't experience this yet and no event loop should be running. Can you try to get a stack trace when it hangs? (e.g. using gdb ./app --pid=... --batch --ex bt)