RejectedSoftware Forums

diet html generated class

Hi,

I am trying to generate classes based on a variables available to the diet template..

This works:

div
    - foreach(device; mDVC.mDevices)
        div.hauto-device .device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}

This does not work (notice that I removed the space, adding two classes to the div tag.

div
        div.hauto-device.device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}

The second gives the following error

Compiling diet template 'foo.dt'...
../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d(1356,3): Error: "template foo.dt line 3: Expected identifier but got '{'.(../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d:1241)"
../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d(1241,13): called from here: this.assertp(start != idx, delegate string() => "Expected identifier but got '" ~ s[idx] ~ "'.", "../../.dub/pa

What am I doing wrong?

Re: diet html generated class

On Sun, 01 May 2016 03:50:51 GMT, Øivind Loe wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to generate classes based on a variables available to the diet template..

This works:

div
        div.hauto-device .device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}

Due to the space, this will put ".device-..." between the <div></div> tags instead of adding a class attribute.

This does not work (notice that I removed the space, adding two classes to the div tag.

div
        div.hauto-device.device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}

The second gives the following error

Compiling diet template 'foo.dt'...
../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d(1356,3): Error: "template foo.dt line 3: Expected identifier but got '{'.(../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d:1241)"
../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.7.28/vibe-d/source/vibe/templ/diet.d(1241,13): called from here: this.assertp(start != idx, delegate string() => "Expected identifier but got '" ~ s[idx] ~ "'.", "../../.dub/pa

What am I doing wrong?

String interpolations are only allowed in node and attribute contents contents, so instead of using the shortcut class syntax, you need to specify an explicit attribute:

div
        div.hauto-device(class="device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}")

The class attribute and the .hauto-device shortcut will be automatically merged into a single class="" attribute.

Re: diet html generated class

String interpolations are only allowed in node and attribute contents contents, so instead of using the shortcut class syntax, you need to specify an explicit attribute:

div
        div.hauto-device(class="device-#{device.data.eco}-#{device.data.ecoDevType}")

The class attribute and the .hauto-device shortcut will be automatically merged into a single class="" attribute.

Perfect, this works. Thank you. Vibe.d is awesome