RejectedSoftware Forums

speed of this forum

What is thу secret of speed of this forum? Does it's perfect code and absence of different modern tools like jquery, or there there is come cashing tools on server are working?

Re: speed of this forum

On Sat, 04 May 2013 10:54:10 GMT, Suliman wrote:

What is thу secret of speed of this forum? Does it's perfect code and absence of different modern tools like jquery, or there there is come cashing tools on server are working?

I am more curious what the hell is wrong with other forums :) This one just does what is meant to and behaves as fast as it should with such a trivial functionality. It imports jquery btw, looking at this page sources.

Re: speed of this forum

On Sat, 04 May 2013 12:43:31 GMT, Dicebot wrote:

On Sat, 04 May 2013 10:54:10 GMT, Suliman wrote:

I am more curious what the hell is wrong with other forums :) This one just does what is meant to and behaves as fast as it should with such a trivial functionality. It imports jquery btw, looking at this page sources.

Or, more specific ;) I think the main differences are:

• Use of a natively compiled language vs. the typical interpreted PHP or Ruby
  • Relatively fast database (MongoDB) compared to the typical MySQL setup
  • Using a connection pool for database queries
  • Proper database indexes and reasonably efficient database document layout
  • Compile time HTML templates for dynamic page generation (very low run time overhead)
  • In high load scenarios the asynchronous I/O and low level tuning of vibe.d would probably also start to play a role