Hello,

I'd like to use the vibed.web.auth framework for authentication in my vibe.d app. If a user is not authorized to access a certain page, he should be redirected to another page (a custom error page for example, or the login page in my case). At the moment, I'm using the following authenticate method to achieve this:

@noRoute AuthInfo authenticate(scope HTTPServerRequest req, scope HTTPServerResponse res)
{
    if (!req.session || !req.session.isKeySet("auth"))
    {
        redirect("/login");
        throw new HTTPStatusException(HTTPStatus.forbidden, "Du musst dich erst einloggen");
    }
    return req.session.get!AuthInfo("auth");
}

If you need a full working example, the complete sourcecode can be found at https://git.f3l.de/fsimphy/calendar-webapp/tree/poodinis-mongo. The authenticate method is in the file source/calendarwebapp.d.

While this method seems to work, there are a few issues:

1. Nothing at all seems to happen with the thrown exception (well, something got to happen, what is it?). I'd like to somehow use and display the Exception msg.
  2. Using authenticate methods, which are not @safe or @trusted is deprecated as of vibed 0.8.0. The redirect function is neither @safe nor @trusted, so my authenticate method can not be @safe. I don't know if it is safe to mark it as @trusted.

To me, it seems as if redirecting is not really intended. This leads me to the question: Is there any better way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!