On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 14:25:15 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

I had an input tag that was the last line in a file that inherited from the above, and that tag was at the end of code that replaced block content that was the very last line therein. So the input tag would nominally be placed last in HTML output followed by no visible text.

The compiler complained that the input tag had contents. Both the top level template and the inheriting file had a newline at the end of their last visible lines, but no characters followed either of those newlines. When I removed the newline from the end of the input tag definition at the end of the inheriting file, the problem went away.

The snippet from the other thread contains such combinations, but doesn't trigger the error. Could there be something else that was specific for this issue? http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.vibed/post/40831

I noticed that too. I've had trouble isolating these behaviors into small examples. Still investigating.

Definitely sounds like bugs. Could it be that there were some strange newlines in the file, or some special Unicode characters? I have not been able reproduce any of the issues from the description so far. This is what I used for number three:

div
	- if (true)
		input
	div

My example had the second div indented out to the level of the first div, and had an else branch to the if.

I'll look into exactly what in the file is invisible, and continue to look into isolating these behaviors into small examples. I'll respond to this post when I can.