I think all free lists should be powers of two, where did you see powers of 10?

Sorry this is wrong, my memory failed me =)

The plan is to write a native D wrapper around the native OS facilities instead of using an additional C library in-between (like it is already done for the win32 driver). Etienne has already started some work in this direction in his fork.

I have a few things in the works right now for vibe.d

• Native TCP/UDP Driver that interacts directly with the kernel, the back-end also allows async dns, file access, etc.
  • Native TLS library that uses Botan (C++ library) factory for encryption, but uses a native generic BER/DER serialization library and ports all certificate/x.509 objects to D structs and links statically if needed
  • ASN.1 compiler to D for building those serialize-able D structs mentioned above
  • Serialize-able session managers for Redis, filesystem, or a native cache engine
  • Native cache/db master-slave engine which works like Redis but serializes to the filesystem by appending and keeping tabs in file-based hashmaps (also, excellent for SSDs) and keeps pointers alive locally for speed with use of the GC - while masters are @nogc - with ACL & Websocket API for NAT traversal
  • A web API library collection based on the above native storage and a dependency injection library to fit library instances together on a per-domain basis, with Javascript MVCs as public/admin front-ends.

There's low-level but also high-level, with possibility to statically link everything. I'm hoping on developing more web API libraries after that, like an oauth3 server API or a calendar server API, depending on what project I'm working on at the time. The high-level potential of vibe.d is very promising as a platform for the long term.