On 2014-07-10 08:51, Sönke Ludwig wrote:> On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:23:42 GMT, Kirill Igumenshchev wrote:

Hi,

I'm learning how to build web apps and at some point would like to do it in vibed. Having no experience in webapps, starting with vibed seems a little dry. for example python flask or dijango books have a chapter on example app that goes in detail of building a social networking or blog app. it helps because they describe extensively what happens, as oppose to commented code in vibelog. I do understand that a tutorial like that would be time consuming to make so I thought I would go through learning of another framework to understand how things work. I mean things like handling requests/responses, passing url logic, xhtml requests/ajax, authentications and so on.

Yeah, this is definitely something that needs to be worked on. But unfortunately such things require a lot of time, and time for me is already a premium, so functionality and bugfixes still have priority. So in the near future, someone else would have to stand up and pioneer this.

Speaking of which, a friend of mine once implemented a very nice photo gallery with node.js. Maybe I can get him to do an implementation in D/vibe.d for fun, so that it can serve as the basis for a tutorial.

Most of the magic these days happens within the Javascript, and with good reasons, browsers can render the html and take tons of load off the internet connection and server. I'm probably late to the party here but I just found https://redditjs.com/ which is a great example vs the regular site

What's interesting is the source code:

https://github.com/BenjaminAdams/RedditJS/

It's mostly backbone and marionette javascript MVC. Almost nothing in the backend, 500 lines of nodejs code or so, all of which is so similar to the vibe.d interface it could be translated line by line without thinking too much (.. which is less fun). This would serve as a great example.. it'll be faster and cleaner too. I think the strength of vibe.d though is in the portability, the apps become suitable browser-based UI for desktop applications.