On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:22:36 GMT, Stephan Dilly wrote:

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:31:24 GMT, Stephan Dilly wrote:

Too bad that the new dub version hangs infinitely when mono-d trys to open a project. the process explorer shows that a git.exe instance is hanging beneath dub there, when i kill just the git process. dub seems to finish and mono-d loads the project.
i don't know if anything changed so that mono-d needs to be adjusted but I think this should be sorted out first...

Ok this is strange. Why is dub using git.exe anyway ? dub does not install it, it is not listed as a requirement and all works fine now that I removed the git.exe from PATH!

GIT is invoked to determine the version of a local package (by looking at which branch/tag it is on) that has been registered manually using dub add-path or dub add-local without an explicit version. Would be interesting to know what caused it to hang and also why this didn't happen for previous versions, because that part of the code didn't really change.

The command in question is git --git-dir=<package-path>/.git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD

Can you tell for which package it hung? Maybe there is no .git folder there, or something?