On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:06:05 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:23:17 GMT, Anders Lindqvist wrote:

Let us say that I have the following:

LibraryA
LibraryB (depends on LibraryA)
ExampleA1 (depend on LibraryA)
ExampleB1 (depend on LibraryB)
ExampleB2 (depend on LibraryB)

Is this possible to express in a package.json today?
Can I generate VisualD-projects for this today?

I've tried using configuration as well as subPackages, but it only seems to build one of my examples. Same with VisualD. Is this intentional?

If this is a bug I could try to look at it myself but I'm wondering what the intent is. Someone else asked "what is a package" on the forum. I guess my question is similar.

Thanks for any advice of enlightenment. I could create one repro for every one of these, but I really like to have all my examples in one VisualD-solution while I work on my library.

Right now it can only generate a solution for one root package. But I've added a ticket.

As a workaround, a manually created solution that contains the generated project files for all the examples should work (leaving out duplicate dependencies).

Right! Currently I'm just using VisualD-combined and one example at the time, works for now!

The only argument against having multiple applications in one package is that "dub" wouldn't know which one to run. For build and generate it makes sense, especially on Visual Studio in Windows where multiple applications/libraries in one solution is standard.