RejectedSoftware Forums

disable parsing of command line

Is there a way to prevent vibe from reading options from command line? It is messing with the command line options I pass to the surrounding program..

(just spent an hour trying to figure out why passing -lde on the command line prevented the listenHTTP from working. Finally saw that the 'd' was picked up by vibe...)

Re: disable parsing of command line

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:13:12 GMT, Øivind Loe wrote:

Is there a way to prevent vibe from reading options from command line? It is messing with the command line options I pass to the surrounding program..

You can compile using "versions": ["VibeCustomMain"] in your dub.json to enable your own main() and process command line options yourself from there, just don't forget to call runEventLoop();. I'd also try the "versions": ["VibeManualMemoryManagement"] option in dub.json because it improved general stability. Hope it helps!

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:30:33 GMT, Etienne Cimon wrote:

You can compile using "versions": ["VibeCustomMain"] in your dub.json to enable your own main() and process command line options yourself from there, just don't forget to call runEventLoop();. I'd also try the "versions": ["VibeManualMemoryManagement"] option in dub.json because it improved general stability. Hope it helps!

Command line parsing happens even with VibeCustomMain defined, using Runtime.args. I've added the possibility to disable this using "versions": ["VibeDisableCommandLineParsing"] now in 77acca8.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:42:52 GMT, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 22:30:33 GMT, Etienne Cimon wrote:

Command line parsing happens even with VibeCustomMain defined, using Runtime.args. I've added the possibility to disable this using "versions": ["VibeDisableCommandLineParsing"] now in 77acca8.

Thank you. That is what I was looking for :)