RejectedSoftware Forums

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Status of Win32 version (listenTcp, etc)

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 23:23:22 GMT, punkUser wrote:

Aha I think I found the issue... I'm calling the default "address-less" version of listenTcp then connecting to localhost. Before in vibe this would forward to "listenTcp(port, connection_callback, "0.0.0.0");", but as of the latest version it uses "::" as the default address instead. For some reason this is disrupting my ability to connect via IPv4.

Adding "0.0.0.0" as an explicit address to my listenTcp calls seems to have resolved the issue. I'm not sure if I fully understand the new logic in the address-less listenTcp to be honest... I'm guess the issue is that multiple listeners are created but the TcpListener object that was added doesn't support that so the idea is to return null instead? Except that return null only happens if the first listenTcp succeeds, and if that is the case it never calls the second one now. Perhaps a bug?

Hm OK that makes a lot of sense, the function was completely buggy after the change. I changed it now so that it returns TcpListener[] of size 0-2 depending on which interfaces were successful. I didn't really realize that I don't use that function nowhere myself.

Great, thanks for the quick response!

I'll give the Win32Driver version a try as well. Is it expected to be better in some ways than the libevent implementation on Windows? I assume it's the preferred implementation to use going forward?

Am 07.01.2013 18:29, schrieb punkUser:

Great, thanks for the quick response!

I'll give the Win32Driver version a try as well. Is it expected to be better in some ways than the
libevent implementation on Windows? I assume it's the preferred implementation to use going forward?

It's supposed to be faster at some point (but that remains to be determined) and supports window
messages and as such can be used inside of a GUI application. It also has a directory watcher, which
the libevent driver currently doesn't. However, it's much less tested and there are still some
unimplemented spots. Once it is more stable it will probably become the default implementation on
Windows.

Pages: 1 2 3