RejectedSoftware Forums

New web forum software

For various reasons, but mainly because on and off there were some issues with the adjusted DFeed version that I used, the web front end to the newsgroup has been replaced by an integrated solution.

The new front end operates on the same database as the NNTP server, which also helps to reduce resource consumption and redundancy (and thus the number of possible points of failure).

UI-wise it's still a bit crude, and some features, such as anti-spam protection, are still missing, but it will hopefully get there shortly.

Re: New web forum software

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:06:36 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

For various reasons, but mainly because on and off there were some issues with the adjusted DFeed version that I used, the web front end to the newsgroup has been replaced by an integrated solution.

The new front end operates on the same database as the NNTP server, which also helps to reduce resource consumption and redundancy (and thus the number of possible points of failure).

UI-wise it's still a bit crude, and some features, such as anti-spam protection, are still missing, but it will hopefully get there shortly.

By the way I love how you use hexadecimal id's. DFeed posts have '$' characters in id's which was breaking URL detection on Android's Google talk client. Also the new software seems more responsive.

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 14:03:33 +0200, Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 21:06:36 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

By the way I love how you use hexadecimal id's. DFeed posts have '$' characters in id's which was breaking URL detection on Android's Google talk client. Also the new software seems more responsive.

Yeah, I also thought about using the xyzrzetz@asdasf style message IDs, but thought they looked too long and ugly in a URL. Hm well, actually now I'm starting to think that the article number would be even nicer...

Am 10/1/2012 4:32 PM, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:

(...) Hm well,
actually now I'm starting to think that the article number would be even
nicer...

Done ;)

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:28:38 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

(...) Hm well,
nicer...

Done ;)

Great! Also permalinks to messages would be nice ;)

Am 10/2/2012 3:45 PM, schrieb Eldar Insafutdinov:

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 18:28:38 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

(...) Hm well,
nicer...

Done ;)

Great! Also permalinks to messages would be nice ;)

Also done.