Am 27.10.2018 um 04:41 schrieb Kai:> On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 20:16:28 +0200, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

Am 17.10.2018 um 23:07 schrieb K. P.:
(...) - alas ... there are quite a number of warnings

(...)
C:\Users\kpeters\AppData\Local\dub\packages\vibe-core-1.4.3\vibe-core\source\vibe\core\core.d(692,70): Deprecation: std.algorithm.setops.No is not visible from module core
(...)

I just tagged vibe-core 1.4.4 yesterday with all warnings on the latest DMD fixed. A dub upgrade should get rid of these.

(...)
C:\Users\kpeters\AppData\Local\dub\packages\vibe-d-0.8.4\vibe-d\mongodb\vibe\db\mongo\settings.d(16,8): Deprecation: alias `std.digest.digest.toHexString` is deprecated - import std.digest instead of std.digest.digest. std.digest.digest will be removed in 2.084
C:\Users\kpeters\AppData\Local\dub\packages\vibe-d-0.8.4\vibe-d\mongodb\vibe\db\mongo\settings.d(16,8): Deprecation: alias `std.digest.digest.toHexString` is deprecated - import std.digest instead of std.digest.digest. std.digest.digest will be removed in 2.084

Linking...
vibe-d_web.lib(common.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
eventcore.lib(driver.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
eventcore.lib(driver.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
eventcore.lib(core.obj) : warning LNK4255: library contain multiple objects of the same name; linking object as if no debug info
Copying files for vibe-d:tls...

I still have to fix the toHexString one, didn't notice it up to now. The linker warnings can safely be ignored, though. They are a rather silly limitation caused by the way how object files are generated by the compiler, but unless anything crashes within eventcore this will not have any visible side effect.

Do they hail from compiler upgrades that are not yet handled in the vibe sources? Or are there any other legitimate reasons for these peskies? If compiler 'incompatibility', when can we expect a version that is in synch with the compiler progress?

Finally, a thing that puzzles me: I build my little server, run it successfully, then Ctrl-C it and get my Windows command prompt back. When I then try to delete the exe I just built, I get 'Access denied'. I have to end the command prompt that spawned the exe in order to being able to delete the exe - what's going on??

Windows detaches the terminal from the process when pressing Ctrl+C once (press twice to kill the process). It seems like the Ctrl+C handler in vibe-core did not manage to properly shut down the process. That could actually be fixed by vibe-core 1.4.4 if any worker threads/tasks are used by the server. If not, does that also happen with the examples/http-server project in vibe-d for you? I'd try to reproduce that locally then.

Thanks for again for anyone who can shed light on either or both of my questions.

Cheers,
Kai