On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 21:41:56 GMT, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:16:07 GMT, Carl Sturtivant wrote:

dub upgrade
dub --force

on a project reconfigured (from vibe.d 0.7.30 with no special dependencies or subConfigurations) to

dependency "vibe-d" version="~>0.8.0-beta.1"
dependency "diet-ng" version="~>1.1"
subConfiguration "vibe-d:core" "vibe-core"

that currently builds on 0.8.0-beta.3, produces the following in a terminal on Linux x86_64.

vibe-d:core 0.8.0-beta.3: building configuration "libevent"...
../../../.dub/packages/vibe-d-0.8.0-beta.3/vibe-d/core/vibe/internal/memory.d(3,15): Deprecation: module vibe.utils.memory is deprecated - Use the memutils package or std.experimental.allocator instead.

Looking at my own question, probably this just means that vibe.utils.memory is to be replaced by memutils at some point presumably before 0.8.0 is released. Please confirm.

I've fixed the deprecation message during build now: 2e6225a

So the plan is to remove vibe.utils.memory together with the vibe-d:core package once vibe-core is considered production stable. This will happen at some point on the 0.8.x branch. Memutils is a fork of this module, which is still mostly API compatible and can be used as a replacement by anyone who directly used the vibe.utils.memory module before.

Historically, the whole vibe.utils package should have been named vibe.internal. The modules in there were never really meant for public consumption, but unfortunately I noticed that too late.