Fun side fact for Opera: "Click here to try again"

Personally, I'm still a big fan of sites that work flawlessly without JS, but are augmented with client side scripting to make things convenient/fast/pretty.

Strange, I don't get the "Click here to try again" in opera

Hmm, "faster and cleaner" than what?

Faster and cleaner than the mostly static reddit.com. I think you're right though about it not putting enough focus on vibe.d heh.

However, the photo gallery that I was talking about is actually highly client side JS heavy. And I certainly agree that it is basically a good direction to offload as much computation as possible to the client.

I have to say, while this is also a nice general example in a way, it also makes a pretty bad vibe.d example for exactly the reason you mentioned - there isn't much vibe.d involved. If I were to make something, I'd rather go for something that is maybe 50-50 w.r.t. server and client side code, so that you get a good overview of the client side things, too, but still keep the main focus on vibe.d.

There's a resource out there though for choosing javascript MVCs where it's about 500 lines of javascript, and I think it would take about 500 lines of vibe.d to make a persistent back-end

https://github.com/tastejs/todomvc/tree/gh-pages/labs/architecture-examples/backbone_marionette

It doesn't really show much back-end power, but with added persistence it does have the potential to show off mongodb/redis/json serialization/vibe.web/sessions, etc., interfacing with a front-end Javascript MVC which is what I (personal opinion) consider good practice for web apps in 2014.

Perhaps the true power will be when vibe.d will allow building browser GUI for desktop applications in a standalone portable application allowing lazy initialization of remote resources while extending the bandwidth capacity of the network (I'm on this since the beginning).