RejectedSoftware Forums

Why is package when specified in configuration block fetched, even when this configuration is not build?

I am trying to figure out how to properly support platforms in the vulkan binding "erupted". I would like to create configurations corresponding "VK-PLATFORM-???-KHR". As example the configuration "dub-platform-xcb" specifies versions "VK-PLATFORM-XCB-KHR" and depends on the package "xcb-d".
My test project (on windows) which depends on package "erupted" does not specify subconfiguration "dub-platform-xcb", why is xcb-d fetched anyway?

Cheers, PP

Re: Why is package when specified in configuration block fetched, even when this configuration is not build?

Am 19.05.2016 um 21:27 schrieb ParticlePeter:

I am trying to figure out how to properly support platforms in the vulkan binding "erupted". I would like to create configurations corresponding "VK-PLATFORM-???-KHR". As example the configuration "dub-platform-xcb" specifies versions "VK-PLATFORM-XCB-KHR" and depends on the package "xcb-d".
My test project (on windows) which depends on package "erupted" does not specify subconfiguration "dub-platform-xcb", why is xcb-d fetched anyway?

Cheers, PP

Dependency resolution is currently a process distinct from configuration
resolution, which takes place afterwards. It's planned though to unify
them in a single algorithm and at that point the download should be
skipped as expected.