RejectedSoftware Forums

Dub Enhancements:

Re: Dub Enhancements:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:11:31 GMT, Igor wrote:

Ok! Lets try that again!

Some simple extensions to dub are required for proper windows support:

1. The Ability to generate full build selections for Visual D. I only get Win32 when using dub generate VisualD. Win64 support should be added, along with alternate compiler support. (GDC and LDC)

2. The ability to refresh a project by adding new dependencies and files to the previously generate Visual D project. It should retain modified settings of the project file. I'm thinking of something like dub refresh VisualD would work.

The current generate settings are just child's toys without the ability to retain and update project info.

1. Settings check - Print out all locations that are used in the build process(compiler, linker, etc) with errors when the actual files are not found. This is to help the user find and fix issues easily instead of getting frustrated with it.

Thank You.

Also, it seems dub does not create good VS project files. I have no ability to set options like a standard VS or VD created project. Basically going to project properties only lets me set the compiler(auto, DMD, GDC, etc). I cannot set anything about debug or release, extra command line args, flags, etc.

You should basically generate a VD style project then copy over all the stuff for release and debug builds and different architectures(32 and 64). As of now, dub is somewhat useless in generating VS projects. It offers no advantage than just using VD itself. I hope this can change so one can have maintain a dub version and VS easily. I'll have to drop dub from my build process and just stick with VD until this is fixed.

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:29:23 GMT, Igor wrote:

Also, it seems dub does not create good VS project files. I have no ability to set options like a standard VS or VD created project. Basically going to project properties only lets me set the compiler(auto, DMD, GDC, etc). I cannot set anything about debug or release, extra command line args, flags, etc.

You should basically generate a VD style project then copy over all the stuff for release and debug builds and different architectures(32 and 64). As of now, dub is somewhat useless in generating VS projects. It offers no advantage than just using VD itself. I hope this can change so one can have maintain a dub version and VS easily. I'll have to drop dub from my build process and just stick with VD until this is fixed.

Because I am having such issues, maybe you could write a dub feature that converts a VS/VD project into a dub project. This way I can have some peace in knowing in the future that I can convert my VS projects into dub.