Please read the entire post when you reply.

I kind of get the feeling you're trying to push dub to use ASON.

Yes, in fact I explicitly stated that was my intention.

My first reaction is, please don't invent yet another markup language for developers to learn. Especially as this new language is only relevant to dub.

That would have also been my first reaction. However, instead of immediately dismissing the idea, it would be more productive to state why you think the language is not a good fit, or why you think SDL will do just fine. I explained why I think ASON would be a better fit than SDL, do you have a counter-argument?

Honestly it would seriously make me not want to use dub. Just pick one of the existing ones, Yaml, Json, SDL (i've never heard of this one.) and stick with it. All other package managers seem to do just fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.

It would make you not want to use DUB? Could you please explain why? If we used ASON you wouldn't have to change anything, you could just continue to use regular JSON since it is already valid ASON.

Seriously though are you also willing to break all existing dub.json files? That's 317 (http://code.dlang.org/ as of today) packages this change is going to mess with. Are you really going to do that? Just as things are starting to take off?

No, I wouldn't be willing to break anything. That's why I like ASON, it doesn't break anything. Please read the post before you reply next time.

I'm in favour of just sticking to plain, normal old Json. Everyone knows it, everyone understands it and everything else does just fine using it.

That's fine, if we used ASON you could just continue to use plain old JSON.